19 Feb Get Your Missouri Medical Marijuana Card Now
Dispensaries are opening in Missouri this year, which means those with qualifying conditions will have many options to use their Missouri Medical Marijuana Card to purchase medical cannabis. This article may help you prepare for obtaining a medical marijuana card and prescription.
Step 1. Have proof that you are a resident of Missouri with a valid driver’s license or other state ID.
Step 2. You must have one of the following qualifying conditions:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress order, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
If you have questions regarding your qualifying condition, please give us a call at 417-782-4300.
Step 3. Collect documentation from any physician who currently treats or has treated you for your qualifying condition. Mostly Dr. Murphy needs to see you’ve been diagnosed with one or more of the conditions listed above. We recommend you collect your medical record/documentation of qualifying illness prior to your initial visit with us. If you experience any issues collecting your medical records or prefer we handle this process, we can request them for you. Contact our office for assistance at 417-782-4300.
Step 4. Set up an appointment at Joplin Urgent Care to see if medical marijuana treatment options are right for you. Our friendly staff will guide you throughout the process to make sure you receive proper treatment and compassionate care. With written recommendation from Dr. Murphy (Missouri licensed physician, in good-standing), you’ll be given a Physician Certification Exam Form, which allows you to apply for your license.
Step 5. Apply for your Medical Marijuana Card online at https://mo-public.mycomplia.com/#!/signin or click the patient application link on the Missouri Health website (https://health.mo.gov/safety/medical-marijuan/how-to-apply-pi.php) to get started.
Once at the portal, you will be able to submit your Physician Certification Exam Form, a Passport style digital photo and two digital photos of your driver’s license. You may also opt to receive your cultivation permit, in order to grow your own medical marijuana plants. IF you are trying to obtain your cultivation license, you must specifically describe the type of environment where you plan to grow. Whether your plants will be in-door or out-door, you must state that you will contain them in a fully enclosed, locked, only-accessible-by-you space. We recommend thoroughly reviewing the guidelines for cultivation before opting for a grower card. If you have concerns with the application process, we offer options to assist you in submitting the application during your visit.
MO State Guidelines for Medical Marijuana Patient Growers: https://health.mo.gov/safety/medical-marijuana/pdf/application-checklist.pdf
Step 6. Once your application is submitted and approved, you will receive your card within 30 days or less. Upon receiving your card, you will be able to purchase marijuana from any Missouri dispensary and even qualify for temporary Out-Of-State licenses, pending approval from the states you apply.
We look forward to helping you take the next step toward healing using medical cannabis. We understand that the process for obtaining a Medical Marijuana card can seem daunting but it’s relatively simple when you follow the steps. We are also here to help make this as easy as possible.